The New Go-To Guide for All Things Classroom Management
The enhanced ebook packed with dozens of new resources, including three new chapters, video examples of best classroom practices, author interviews, an interactive community, classroom management rubrics, and more.
Conscious Classroom Management: Unlocking the Secrets of Great Teaching, Second Edition
by Rick Smith & Grace Dearborn
About this Lumibook
For over ten years, Conscious Classroom Management: Unlocking the Secrets of Great Teaching by Rick Smith has been the “go-to” book in classrooms and schools all over the world for creating more positive environments where referrals and suspensions are down and student engagement and teacher satisfaction are up.
In this second edition, the Conscious Classroom Management: Unlocking the Secrets of Great Teaching LumiBook, the authors have included three new chapters and dozens more resources, including video, rubrics, and visuals, as well as digital tools that give readers the ability to reach out and communicate directly with Rick Smith and Grace Dearborn.
Focused primarily on prevention, the Conscious Classroom Management LumiBook offers exceedingly practical, easy-to-implement proactive strategies and approaches for teachers to build positive connections with students, teach procedures, cultivate consistency, and hold their ground while inviting student cooperation.
- Create a classroom management system that helps raise student test scores
- Significantly cut down on discipline issues: referrals, detentions, and suspensions, all down
- Transform your culture, turning your district into a more harmonious place to teach and learn
- See how these resources support and integrate easily with existing classroom management (CM) plans
- Significantly cut down on discipline issues: fewer behavior issues and less time spent dealing with discipline
- Create clear procedures your students will follow
- No more burnout: Feel like an educator, not a police officer
Here’s what you get for $49.95:
- Full-length videos of expert teachers demonstrating classroom management best practices
- “The First Week of School” road map with complete lesson plans for designing the first five days of teaching
- Video of Rick Smith and Grace Dearborn explaining the strategies in Conscious Classroom Management
- Online help from Rick Smith, the co-author of Conscious Conscious Classroom Management: Unlocking the Secrets of Great Teaching, Second Edition LumiBook
- An entire chapter dedicated to helping administrators help their teachers become more effective classroom managers
- Roadmaps for making positive connections with students and increasing student engagement and motivation
- Answers to your classroom management questions, including:
- How to create habits and procedures that immediately improve classroom and school environments
- What to do when intervention doesn’t work
- How to prevent discipline issues before they arise
- How to de-escalate misbehavior as soon as it occurs
Titles currently available in the LumiBook store
“This book is a gold mine
of suggestions on managing classrooms effectively.”
–Rick Curwin, EdD, Author of Discipline with Dignity