A Blueprint for Designing Incredible Standards-Aligned Classroom Assessments
About this Lumibook
The most important outcomes contained in academic standards (such as Common Core, TEKS, etc.) cannot be appropriately assessed using multiple-choice test items—this requires more robust performance measures. In Core Learning: Assessing What Matters Most, author Jay McTighe offers readers a framework for designing standards-aligned classroom assessment tasks that engage students in demonstrating their learning in authentic ways.
Train your teachers to create classroom assessments that improve learning, accurately measure student mastery of state-based standards (Common Core, TEKS, etc.), and put your school on the path to standards implementation success:
- Improve standards implementation by turning assessments into learning experiences.
- Get an accurate picture of how well state standards implementation is going in your school or district.
- Identify the student and teacher needs and areas for improvement in standards implementation—then create interventions to help spur improvement.
Learn to create classroom assessments that improve learning and measure student mastery of standards by breaking out of the multiple-choice paradigm:
- Build around performance tasks, not rote memorization.
- Design assessments that engage students, and improve learning outcomes every step of the way.
Here’s what you get for $59.95:
- Access to the interactive, next-generation ebook, Core Learning: Assessing What Matters Most
- Discussion with the author and other readers, where you can talk about the ideas in Core Learning: Assessing What Matters Most and offer advice and new ideas for writing performance task tests.
- 29 “how-to” videos, including:
- “Assessment Methodology”
- Rubric Mathematical Problem Solving
- Common Core Standards-Aligned Writing Rubrics
- “10th Grade Classroom Example”
- “1st Grade Classroom Example”
- And many more
- 46 teacher support documents, with hands-on test creation materials—frameworks and rubrics that walk you step-by-step through how to create and score performance tasks tests. These documents include:
- “List of Attributes 21st Century Employers Are Seeking”
- “Recommendations for Dealing with Standardized Tests”
- “Performance List for a Fairy Tale Writing Assignment”
- “Rubric for a Scientific Investigation”
- “Performance Task Review Criteria”
- Assessment Planning Framework
- And many more
Titles currently available in the LumiBook store
“LumiBook expands and deepens the reading experience
like no other format. It is a live-read.
Immediate, connected, interactive, and media-rich.”
— Heidi Hayes Jacobs, Curriculum 21