Updated as of February, 2017
Information We Collect From And About You
- When accessing and using the Service, you may be asked to provide certain information about you that can be used to contact or uniquely identify you (“Personal Information”), such as your name, home and/or work address, email address, telephone and/or fax number, date of birth, and employment information (if and as applicable).
- Any credit card or debit card payments are processed through third party processors eMerchant and/or PayPal, and the treatment and protection of such information shall be governed by, and is subject to, the terms and conditions of eMerchant and PayPal’s privacy policies, available at http://www.emerchant.com/Privacy-Policy.php and https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
- We do not collect any Personal Information from users who simply visit our website, we will only collect Personal Information from you if you provide us with such information.
- You may also be asked to provide information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your gender and education level. Certain aspects of the Service may also collect evaluation information and data about your job performance (“Performance Data”).
Technical Information and Cookies. SINET may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns as you navigate through and interact with the Service, as follows:
- Usage Details. SINET may collect information about your use of the Service as well as features and content that you use or view, such as how you use them, how frequently you use them, and your responses to the features and content presented through the Service. Additionally, we may contract with business partners to identify how our users use the Service, and to help manage and optimize the Service. This information helps us learn things about the Service, such as what pages of our website and what features and content are most attractive to our users and which of our products generate the most user interest.
- Technical Information. SINET may collect certain technical information automatically when you use the Service, such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and your Internet protocol (IP) address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when using the Internet. Web servers can automatically identify individual computers by their IP addresses. SINET may collect IP addresses to facilitate system administration, diagnose system problems, report aggregate user information, and avoid attacks on the SINET server. SINET does not link the above information to any individual.
- In addition, certain software provided on or in connection with the Service is configured to automatically report software errors to SINET, without notice to you. Information on your software configuration settings may be included in these reports. This information helps SINET diagnose and repair performance issues with the Service.
- We may also collect information about mobile devices used to access the Service, such as your unique device identifier.
How We Use Information We Collect
- SINET uses information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to provide the Service and any other information, products or services that you or your employer or School request(s) from us. We also use information we collect to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you or your employer or School and SINET, including for billing and collection.
- SINET may also use Personal Information to create aggregate, non-personal reports about the users of the Service, to generate aggregate statistical studies, and to conduct research related to the Services. We use and store this aggregate information only on a collective basis, in summary form, rather than on an individual basis. This information helps us to determine how and the extent to which certain parts of the Services are used.
- SINET gathers information in order to better understand how users use the Service, as well as to help SINET tailor offerings to user groups with specific profiles, and to conduct market research. Usage details and technical information may be used in the aggregate for commercial purposes, including without limitation, for marketing, co-registration to other services, promotional initiatives and other activities. We ask for and collect data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for such purposes.
- SINET may use your Personal Information in order to ask you to voluntarily complete surveys on a variety of topics related to the field of education. In no way are you required to participate in our surveys. If you wish not to participate just simply ignore. Survey results are used and stored in the aggregate only on a collective basis, in summary form, rather than on an individual basis. Survey results are not tied to any Personal Information.
- We may also use your Personal Information in other ways, with your consent (or with your parent’s consent, if you are a user of the Student-Centered Service.)
Information We Share
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as to our service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- We also may disclose information about you to your employer, if your employer is the licensee and/or paying for the Service you are using. This information may include Performance Data, if and as applicable.
- We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, and (iv) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and/or your employer and SINET, including for billing and collection. We also reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
We provide you with the following choices regarding your information:
- Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. However, some of the Service’s features may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
- Promotional Offers from Third Parties. If you do not want us to use your Personal Information to promote third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not want us to use your Personal Information to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children’s Privacy Rights. At any time, parents can refuse to permit us to collect further Personal Information from their children in association with a particular account, and can request that we change or delete from our records the Personal Information we have collected in connection with that account by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. Please keep in mind that a request to delete records may lead to a termination of an account or access to the Student-Centered Service.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and update your Personal Information by logging into the account you may establish on the Service. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us.SINET takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their Personal Information whenever necessary.
Links to Other Sites
- With respect to our K-12 student-centered products and services (collectively, the “Student-Centered Service”), which is a subset of the Service; we recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to Personal Information we may collect from children. In the event of a conflict between this Section 8 and any other Section or provision in this Agreement, solely with respect to users of the Student-Centered Service, the provisions of this Section will prevail.
- In any instance that we collect Personal Information from a child, we will retain that information only so long as reasonably necessary to provide the Student-Centered Service or allow the child to continue to participate in the Student-Centered Service, and protect the security of our users and our Student-Centered Service, or as required by law.
- Below we summarize potential instances of collection and outline our processes for complying with COPPA:
- COPPA provides that schools may act as the parent’s agent and can consent to the collection of children’s Personal Information on the parent’s behalf. Therefore, wenotify our education entity licensees of the Student-Centered Service (“Schools”) about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of Personal Information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information and whether and with whom we may share that information. We contractually obligate the Schools who use the Student-Centered Service to comply with COPPA, including, without limitation, to notify parents regarding the collection of Personal Information from their children.
- We only collect Personal Information from children that is needed to provide the Student-Centered Service, and do not use the children’s personal information for any other commercial purpose.
Service Is Not Directed Towards Children
Other than the Student-Centered Service, the Service is not directed to, and SINET does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 (other than as relates to the Student-Centered Service), we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13 (other than as relates to the Student-Centered Service), please contact us at email@example.com.
SINET is based in and operates the Service out of the United States. The Service is intended for use by residents of the United States only. When we obtain Personal Information about you, we may process the information outside of the country in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and tha style=”color: #221f72;”t by submitting information you explicitly authorize this transfer and the processing of this information within the United States.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to assist us in protecting your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to protect Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.