Robert J. Garmston is a professor emeritus of education administration at California State University and has given presentations and workshops for educators and professionals around the world. He is well-known for his expertise in leadership, learning, and personal and organizational development. Before becoming a professor and educational consultant, Dr. Garmston was a classroom teacher, principal, director of instruction, and superintendent.
With his colleague, Dr. Arthur Costa, Dr. Garmston co-developed the Cognitive Coaching model and co-founded the Institute for Intelligent Behavior. Dr. Garmston is active in many professional organizations and served as president of the California Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development and as a member of the Executive Council for the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. He has been the recipient of numerous awards including Learned Article of the Year by the National Press Association and Book of the Year by the National Staff Development Council. Dr. Garmston is an accomplished writer and has published several books and many articles.
Through our products featuring Dr. Arthur L. Costa your system will:
- Discover the conditions necessary for implementation of thinking skills curriculum.
- Explore the need for students to develop problem solving skills.
- Foster a nurturing school improvement for intellectual growth.
- Learn the model of Cognitive Coaching and see how coaches become mediators of thinking.
- Explore why teachers who are more reflective have students who learn more.
- Examine the Coaching Cycle.
- Learn how to apply Cognitive Coaching in a variety of situations.
To view Dr. Garmston’s professional development videos, and to get PD resources prepared by dozens of the top experts in education, sign up for a free 30-day trial of Edivate, the most comprehensive professional development video library available.